crunch-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Victor Iacoban <victor.iaco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: graduation/release schedule
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:43:04 GMT
One more thing, would be nice if you could publish a set of jars built
against hadoop 2.
With a separate maven classifier or version.

Thanks



On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Josh Wills <jwills@cloudera.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Matthias Friedrich <matt@mafr.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thursday, 2013-01-31, Josh Wills wrote:
> > > I wanted to get opinions on two things that have been on my mind this
> > week:
> > >
> > > 1) When to cut the 0.5.0 release, and
> > > 2) When to graduate from the incubator.
> > >
> > > From my perspective, I would like to solve the HBase join issue on
> Hadoop
> > > 2.x before the 0.5.0 release, but I don't have any other blockers.
> >
> > We've done a lot of refactoring after the 0.4.0 release and I think
> > the package structure is in pretty good shape now. If there are things
> > you (or anyone else) would like to improve, then it would be a good
> > idea to do this before the 0.5.0 release. My time is extremely limited
> > right now - and will be for a couple more weeks at least - so I won't
> > be able to work on that front. I'd make time to help with the release
> > process though whenever you decide to cut the release.
> >
>
> Agree with you re: package structure and the 0.5.0 release. I don't have
> any other
> hotspots I wanted to hit, but I'll take another pass through the code this
> weekend.
>
>
> >
> > > For graduation, I'm personally ready to kick off the process now,
> > although
> > > I'm not sure we'll have made it through all of the ceremony stuff
> before
> > > the next board meeting (which I think is on February 20th.) So we may
> > still
> > > end up cutting one more release in the incubator before we leave.
> >
> > I'd give it a try as soon as possible, perhaps we can still make it in
> > time.
> >
>
> Okay, sounds good. I'm going to kick off a vote thread.
>
>
> >
> > In any way we still have to do our incubator report. I could post a
> > draft this weekend if that isn't too late.
> >
>
> No, not at all-- thanks!
>
>
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Matthias
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Director of Data Science
> Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>
> Twitter: @josh_wills <http://twitter.com/josh_wills>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message