crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <josh.wi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: trevni support
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 20:24:03 GMT
I wrote Trevni Sources and Targets files as a test a couple of months ago,
right when it first came out. I don't think we can putting it into Crunch
core until Hadoop-2.0.x upgrades from Avro 1.5.4 to a version that includes
Trevni support, but I would be glad to have it as a github module.

Does Trevni MR support the new mapreduce.* APIs? I think it was still using
mapred.* when I was playing around, which meant I had to roll my own to
make it work with Crunch. If it does, the impl should be very simple.

Josh