crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Friedrich <m...@mafr.de>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Crunch 0.4.0 (incubating) RC1
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 21:11:40 GMT
Hi,

this is a call for a vote on releasing the following candidate as
Apache Crunch 0.4.0 (incubating). This is our second release at
Apache, and it fixes the following issues, which includes issues
CRUNCH-10[789] that we discovered in RC0:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313526&version=12323244

Additional to our official source release artifacts, we also provide
binary release artifacts for convenience. They are required because we
want to be included in Apache Bigtop.

Please download, test, and vote by November 13th at 17:00 UTC, which
is a bit longer than usual in case you want to vote from work on
Monday. If you need more time, please tell me.

Release artifacts:
http://people.apache.org/~mafr/apache-crunch-0.4.0-incubating-rc1/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecrunch-034/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-crunch.git;a=commit;h=91e6c96899f85245255476f0a5e7d5feb48ddac0

PGP keys for the Crunch team:
https://people.apache.org/keys/group/crunch.asc

Some basic release validation checks:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CRUNCH/Validating+a+Release

Note: Like last time I've had to manually repackage the zip files due
to MASSEMBLY-449. This has been marked as fixed but hasn't been
released yet.

The release validation document only covers some basics, feel free to
add more checks!

Regards,
  Matthias