crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Friedrich <m...@mafr.de>
Subject Re: Crunch 0.4.0 release preparation
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2012 08:50:28 GMT
On Friday, 2012-11-02, Josh Wills wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 6:19 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:
[...]
>> It looks like you're in a good shape now. I will definitely track your
>> RC and test it in Bigtop just to make sure.

>> That said, I did notice a couple of minor things:
>> 1. any reason not to include examples-job.jar into assembly? The
>> way it stands
>> right now one has to jump through some hooks to make examples run.

> I'll leave that one up to Matthias.

Heh. We definitely need a real Maven wizard on the team, this stuff is
surprisingly tricky. I needed a separate moduleSet to make it work.

>> 2. when I run AverageBytesByIP and TotalBytesByIP examples I get no
>> output even though the job is marked as success. Am I missing something?

> No, you were right. When we put fake IP addresses in the example file,
> the regex in the examples stopped matching. I just submitted a
> 2-character fix that corrects it. Thanks for finding that, and thanks
> for weighing in!

Roman, could you try again? Bigtop is the primary consumer of the
binary release, we'd have to scrap the RC and restart the review and
voting process in case it doesn't work for you.

Regards,
  Matthias