crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Incubator status report
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 22:21:23 GMT
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Patrick Hunt <phunt@apache.org> wrote:
> lgtm.
>
> related:
>
> 1) when do you think you'll be ready for a release?

Among issues outstanding, I think we need to fix these prior to release:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CRUNCH-25 (Conform the site and
build artifacts to Apache rules)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CRUNCH-4 (Add Hadoop 1.0/2.0
profiles and remove CDH dependencies)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CRUNCH-16 (Fix dependency versions)

CRUNCH-25 has a patch and I just missed it, so we need to update it to
work with the current head. CRUNCH-4 is currently blocked on the
release of HBase 0.94.1, which will be the first HBase release that
will work with Hadoop 2.0. I don't have a feel for how much work
CRUNCH-16 depends on CRUNCH-4 in my mind, and am more ambivalent about
blocking the release on it since I don't know how much work it
involves.

> 2) any recent changes that should be reflected on the status page?
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/crunch.html

Added Matthias as a committer and the copyright updates to the page.

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera