crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Incubator status report
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 18:47:15 GMT
Hey all--

Here's what I wrote for the August status report for Crunch
(http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2012 )

If you have any comments/fixes, please let me know.

Thanks,

Crunch is a Java library for writing, testing, and running pipelines of
MapReduce jobs on Apache Hadoop.

Crunch entered incubation on 2012-05-29.

The most important steps towards graduation:

 - Infrastructure setup (CMS for the Crunch website)
 - Add new committers
 - Create a release

Nothing that currently requires IPMC attention.

Community:

  The Crunch developer community continue to grow. The project
  received code submissions from six new developers representing
  five distinct organizations in the month of July. One of those
  developers made such substantial contributions to the design
  and testability of the Crunch code base that the PPMC voted
  to add him as a committer, increasing the number of distinct
  organizations on the committer list from four to five. We look
  forward to adding new committers from our pool contributors.

Development:
  - 29 issues were created on the Crunch JIRA in the month of July,
    23 of those were resolved.
  - All ICLAs are in place, including the one for the committer the project
    just added.
  - Cloudera submitted the software grant documents to the Apache
    Secretary on 2012-07-11, and the Secretary registered the grant
    the same day.
  - crunch-dev has been active: 308 emails on the list in July.

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera