creadur-dev mailing list archives

From "Javen O'Neal" <one...@apache.org>
Subject Recognizing Apache License 2.0 headers with https URLs
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2016 02:55:29 GMT
This might be getting at the same issue that was discussed on RAT-212 [1].

I recently replaced http URLs with https URLs on the Apache POI
website, changing a couple of the website source file headers from
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 to
https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

RAT caught [2] this change [3], reporting that these files had
"Unknown Licenses". I reverted this change in another commit [4], but
was wonder if RAT would be willing to add an https variant of the ASL
header.

It probably makes sense to start a discussion with the Apache
Licensing/Legal team to see if they would approve this 1-character
modification to their license statement and start promoting the https
version.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-212
[2] https://builds.apache.org/job/POI/1451/console#ant-target-13
[3] https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/poi/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/book.xml?r1=1752761&r2=1752760&pathrev=1752761&diff_format=f