creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Do we want to use the CMS?
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 06:49:32 GMT
I am quoting from a private mail with an Infra member:

> > God, why can't we just have a single directory where we upload to? Or
> > a simple SVN directory?

> You can have that, but your project chose to use the CMS - if you want that to change,
I suggest > you discuss it in the project community.

Well, when we made the decision, I haven't had the slightest idea
about the CMS. Otherwise, I would have opposed to use it. In my
opinion, it is a nightmare:

* We've got to use SVN anyways, because we are using the site, which
is generated by Maven.
  (And I hope, we're not going to change that.)
* The CMS is adding non-documented and unclear build steps, which I
cannot fix. See
  https://ci.apache.org/builders/creadur-site-staging/builds/1/steps/compile/logs/stdio
  as an example.

So, I'd like us to pick up the offer of a simple directory, which we
can use to upload or commit
 via SVN. At least, I know how to handle that.

Jochen