creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Karanjeet Singh <karan...@usc.edu>
Subject Some questions on Apache RAT
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 18:33:59 GMT
Hello,

I am working on project DRAT [1], started by my advisor Dr. Chris Mattmann,
which uses Apache RAT and runs distributedly. Can you help me with below
questions on Apache RAT:

(a) Does RAT check for License file in the top-level directory or it
assumes that each file should have a license header?

(b) Is there any documentation or a paper which explains RAT workflow and
how it audit for licenses?

(c) I am looking forward to contributing in Apache RAT. How can I do that?
I am not sure if anyone is working on some new features, etc.

[1]: https://github.com/chrismattmann/drat

Thanks & Regards,
Karanjeet Singh
USC