creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proper use of mvn release:prepare
Date Sun, 22 May 2016 19:58:15 GMT
Hi Jochen,

The <scm> element in the root POM for Creadur does not mention any
release branch. Both trunk and branches/0.12-release has the <scm>
element pointing to http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/creadur/rat/trunk

What command did you run on the command line and why are you trying to
use a release branch? When I did the 0.11 release I did not use a
release branch.

> Hi, Karl Heinz,
>
> yes I did run release:prepare in the parent project (except, that I
> did it in the release branch, and not in the trunk).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jochen
>

> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 10:04 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarbaise@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 5/10/16 1:35 PM, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was running "mvn release:prepare" in the release branch for Rat
>>> 0.12. However, the created tag contains SNAPSHOT versions [1]. Are you
>>> aware of anything that I might have done wrong?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jochen
>>

>> have you started the mvn release:prepare on the root level of the project?
>>
>> Which means https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/creadur/rat/trunk/
>>

>> on this level and not on the apache-api-api level?
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>

> --

Dennis Lundberg