creadur-dev mailing list archives

From "P. Ottlinger" <pottlin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some questions on Apache RAT
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 19:45:33 GMT
Hi Karanjeet,

thanks for your interest in RAT :-)

Am 23.05.2016 um 20:33 schrieb Karanjeet Singh:
> (a) Does RAT check for License file in the top-level directory or it
> assumes that each file should have a license header?

The basic assumption is that each file needs to have a valid license
header. All exceptions can be configured.

Furthermore a basic "binary" detection is in place because RAT assumes
only textfiles to contain license headers.

Apart from that you may configure your own licenses and check for them.

At the moment we are struggling to get 0.12 out of the door - afterwards
we are happy to receive contributions of any kind as the tickets in Jira
are rather old:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-panel

Cheers,
Phil