creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems running integration tests
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 12:37:27 GMT
Hi all,

Sorry for being absent for a while...

When calling a Maven plugin you have two options:

1. Use the prefix like it says in the invoker.properties. This will
require you to add section to your setting like this, so that Maven
knows that it should look for Maven plugin in an extra groupId,
besides org.apache.maven.plugins and org.codehaus.mojo
  <pluginGroups>
    <pluginGroup>org.apache.rat</pluginGroup>
  </pluginGroups>

2. Use the full Maven coordinates which are
<groupId>:<artifactId>[:<version>]:goal, which your case resolves to:
org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:check

> Hi,
>
> I am currently unable to run the integration tests in the 0.12-release
> branch (which prevents me from cutting the release).
>
> In  apache-rat-plugin/target/invoker/it1/build.log I find this error message:
>
>   [ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'apache-rat' in the current
> project and in the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins,
> org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories [local
> (C:\Users\jwi\rat\apache-rat-project\apache-rat-plugin\target\local-repo),
> local.central (file:///C:/Users/jwi/.m2/repository), central
> (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)] -> [Help 1]
>
> What I found out is that the prefix "apache-rat" is used in the
> invoker.properties like this:
>
>   invoker.goals = clean apache-rat:check
>
> My guess is that the groupId org.apache.rat is causing trouble.
> Typically, a plugins groupId would be org.apache.maven.plugins, or
> org.codehaus.mojo. So, I tried
>
>   invoker.goals = clean org.apache.rat:apache-rat:check
>
> but that is only changing the prefix in the error message.
>

> Any ideas, what might be wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jochen
>
> --