creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Invite Paul Merlin as a committer to Creadur
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 13:53:14 GMT
Hi,

Paul Merlin is the author of the Gradle Rat Plugin and has contributed
what we until recently had as

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/creadur/rat/trunk/apache-rat-gradle

Within the last weeks it became clear that adding the plugin to the
Rat Core has been an unlucky choice. The build of Rat Core has been
affected by one of the dependencies, which requires JDK  >= 7.

On the other hand, it is obvious to me, that none of the current
developers are really interested in the plugin.

To resolve that problem, I propose that we

1.) Invite Paul Merlin (paul@nosphere.org) to become a commiter of Creadur and
2.) Ask Paul to reimport the Gradle plugin as a new subproject of Creadur.

Jochen