creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Merlin <p...@nosphere.org>
Subject Re: Invite Paul Merlin as a committer to Creadur
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 16:16:36 GMT
Hi all,

Jochen Wiedmann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Paul Merlin is the author of the Gradle Rat Plugin and has contributed
> what we until recently had as
>
>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/creadur/rat/trunk/apache-rat-gradle
>
> Within the last weeks it became clear that adding the plugin to the
> Rat Core has been an unlucky choice. The build of Rat Core has been
> affected by one of the dependencies, which requires JDK  >= 7.
>
> On the other hand, it is obvious to me, that none of the current
> developers are really interested in the plugin.
>
> To resolve that problem, I propose that we
>
> 1.) Invite Paul Merlin (paul@nosphere.org) to become a commiter of Creadur and
> 2.) Ask Paul to reimport the Gradle plugin as a new subproject of Creadur.
>
> Jochen

I'm not the original author of the plugin. I started from the David
Chen'seffort on the Samza project, extracted the source into a
standalone Gradle plugin, added some enhancements and proposed it for
inclusion in Creadur Rat.
As RM of Apache Zest, I needed this plugin.

I'd be glad to join the Creadur project and maintain the Gradle RAT plugin.

Bye

/Paul