creadur-dev mailing list archives

From "P. Ottlinger" <pottlin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-199
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2015 20:59:25 GMT
Hi Karl Heinz,

thanks for your interest and inquiries.

Am 27.03.2015 um 19:58 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:
> Furthermore is it possible to get the line numbers where to expect the
> license to start ?
>
> This would solve my problem to start integration of m2e for Eclipse into
> apache-rat maven plugin...

I assume this would mean that RAT needs to run endlessly and scan all
your files.

The current architecture is - IMHO - not really feasible for that task.

We should scan for file changes first and implement incremental file
scans. After an initial scan of all files (doable within the current
setup) this would be the way to go ...

I don't really know how a m2e extension should look like so I'm not sure
if this is in the original scope of RAT.

Cheers,
Phil