creadur-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RAT-190 - default encoding UTF-8 / patch / what should be implemented?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2015 14:15:42 GMT
On 26 February 2015 at 07:15, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I guess if we ever start RAT2 with the ability to scan in parallel we
>> should properly think about mixed encodings ;-D
>
> Amen to that. In fact, I have wasted some thoughts about that in the
> past. Things I'd like to see being implemented:
>
> - A plugin system
>   * Licenses aren't part of the core, but are developed, and
> distributed as plugins.
>   * In particular: Licenses can be added as plugins.
> - Proper parsing of files. For instance: Rather

?

Looks like there is something missing here.

> - Radically shortened code by making use of modern IoC principles
> (commons-inject?)
> - Proper handling of text files. Including specification of encoding
> on a directory level,
>   or even a file level.
> - Enhance the core, so that Ant (Maven) specific parts can be
> minimized. We have too
>   many issues, that are specific to CLI (Ant) (Maven), rather than
> common to all.

One of such issues is the handling of filename patterns.
I think there are 3 different syntaxes here: CLI, Ant, Maven.

Not much can be done about synchronising the different Ant/Maven
syntaxes, but the CLI should use either Ant or Maven style (or perhaps
user can choose which) rather than it's own incompatible syntax.