creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RAT-190 - default encoding UTF-8 / patch / what should be implemented?
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:30:39 GMT
My personal believe is, that a default doesn't make sense at all.
Whatever you choose, you'll find people that cannot use it. For
example, in the case of UTF-8, I am quite certain that it will be
wrong for western europeans, like you and me.

The only change, that I'd be in favour of would be to enforce an
explicit encoding. Or, in other words, throw an exception, if an
encoding (aka charset) isn't explicitly choosen.

Jochen

--
Any world that can produce the Taj Mahal, William Shakespeare,
and Stripe toothpaste can't be all bad. (C.R. MacNamara, One Two Three)