creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RAT-190 - default encoding UTF-8 / patch / what should be implemented?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2015 07:15:57 GMT
> I guess if we ever start RAT2 with the ability to scan in parallel we
> should properly think about mixed encodings ;-D

Amen to that. In fact, I have wasted some thoughts about that in the
past. Things I'd like to see being implemented:

- A plugin system
  * Licenses aren't part of the core, but are developed, and
distributed as plugins.
  * In particular: Licenses can be added as plugins.
- Proper parsing of files. For instance: Rather
- Radically shortened code by making use of modern IoC principles
(commons-inject?)
- Proper handling of text files. Including specification of encoding
on a directory level,
  or even a file level.
- Enhance the core, so that Ant (Maven) specific parts can be
minimized. We have too
  many issues, that are specific to CLI (Ant) (Maven), rather than
common to all.

Jochen

--
Any world that can produce the Taj Mahal, William Shakespeare,
and Stripe toothpaste can't be all bad. (C.R. MacNamara, One Two Three)