creadur-dev mailing list archives

From "P. Ottlinger" <pottlin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1661803 - in /creadur/rat/trunk: ./ apache-rat-api/ apache-rat-api/src/ apache-rat-api/src/main/ apache-rat-api/src/main/java/ apache-rat-api/src/main/java/org/ apache-rat-api/src/main/java/org/apache/ apache-rat-api/src/main/java/org/apac...
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 22:38:58 GMT
Hi *,

Am 24.02.2015 um 18:07 schrieb sebb:

>> > +1
>> > Go ahead, please.
> I would, but I'm not entirely clear what their purpose is.

I just checked the usages of getNotes() on the branch and read the
referenced Javadoc - it's not really used in production code.

What do you think of providing a link to the license itself - this link
can be printed and provides a user that experiences RAT failures with a
followup on where to get more information/a license text for the license
(s)he is checking OR
should I just remove it?

The longer I think about it the more I'd prefer a link that can be used
in a toString() to provide a RAT user with some detail about the
license. This would be an improvement in contrast to RAT's internal
license acronym, e.g.

	APACHE(
			"Apache License Version 2.0",
			"AL   ",