creadur-dev mailing list archives

From "P. Ottlinger" <pottlin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RAT-190 - default encoding UTF-8 / patch / what should be implemented?
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 06:53:57 GMT
Hi *,

Am 24.02.2015 um 00:53 schrieb sebb:

>> > What do you think of adding two more configuration options in the
>> > mvn-plugin:
>> >
>> > defaultLocale - defaults to Locale.US
> Why US?
> What is the Locale used for?
> And why should it differ from the user's Locale?

I chose Locale.US since it is hard-coded into RAT at the moment.

UTF-8 seems fine to me for most modern operating systems.

Please verify the current behaviour of RAT with the test project
attached at RAT-190.

In case you do not want any defaults/changes how can we make RAT more
encoding-aware to give a user a hint that his encoding configuration may
be faulty?!

Cheers,
Phil