creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jenkins jobs are fixed for Rat
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 09:08:14 GMT
Two basic considerations:

- In general, if there is no compelling reason, we shouldn't drop
support for major Java versions.
- If we do support Java 5 at runtime, we shouldn't use Java 6 to build
and test it. We might miss
  incompatibilities otherwise.
- That said, obtaining a Java 5 JDK is a non-trivial thing today. So I
wonder whether we should stick
   to 5.0 for the runtime version?

I'm not in favour of one or the other. I'd just vote that we be consistent.

Jochen

--
Our time is just a point along a line that runs forever with no end.
(Al Stewart, Lord Grenville)