creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Weimer <mar...@weimo.de>
Subject RAT excludes question
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 01:50:26 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to add RAT to the REEF incubation project and hit an issue
with excludes. I "borrowed" the following configuration from Hadoop:

---
                 <plugin>
                     <groupId>org.apache.rat</groupId>
<artifactId>apache-rat-plugin</artifactId>
                     <version>0.7</version>
                     <configuration>
                         <excludes>
<exclude>.gitattributes</exclude>
<exclude>.gitignore</exclude>
                             <exclude>.git/**/exclude>
                             <exclude>.idea/**</exclude>
                             <exclude>target/**</exclude>
                         </excludes>
                     </configuration>
                 </plugin>
---

You can find the full pom.xml here:

https://github.com/markusweimer/incubator-reef/blob/reef-38/pom.xml

However, when I run `mvn rat:check`, I get lots of complaints about
files with missing licensing headers in the .git/ folder, e.g.:

---
  !????? .git/COMMIT_EDITMSG
  !????? .git/config
  !????? .git/description
  !????? .git/FETCH_HEAD
---

I tried updating to the latest RAT version (0.10), but that didn't help
either. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks,

Markus