creadur-dev mailing list archives

From "P. Ottlinger" <pottlin...@aiki-it.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1617205 - /creadur/rat/trunk/apache-rat-plugin/src/test/java/org/apache/rat/mp/RatCheckMojoTest.java
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 10:17:22 GMT
Hi Sebb,

On 2014-08-11 12:09, sebb wrote:
> AFAICT the test does not detect the error.

yes, that's why I was asking for proposals on how to test it ;-)

> I think the problem is that the tests are run in a different
> environment.
>
> There probably needs to be an IT instead to run the code directly.
> And this commit should probably be reverted, as it does not add
> anything.

I see your point, but my commit ensures that during IT the project and
its artifact lists is not null.

Obviously my test patch didn't catch the original NPE, but my checkin
fixed the issue for your setup, didn't it?

I tried some stackoverflowing but didn't find anything useful. Many
people complain about the low testability of maven plugins.

Thanks
Phil