creadur-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Rat 0.11
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2014 19:30:15 GMT
On 10 August 2014 20:24, P. Ottlinger <pottlinger@aiki-it.de> wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>
> Am 10.08.2014 um 21:22 schrieb sebb:
>> -1
>> I'm seeing an NPE when running "mvn apache-rat: rat
>> -Dcommons.rat.version=0.11" against commons-csv and commons-compress.
>>
>> Other times I have seen messages such as
>>
>> Warning:  org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser: Property
>> 'http://www.oracle.com/xml/jaxp/properties/entityExpansionLimit' is
>> not recognized.
>
> This seems to be a JDK problem and is part of
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-158
>
> The NPE sucks ....
> can you reproduce it with 0.12-SNAPSHOT just to determine if something
> is wrong with the RC.

I can reproduce it when I install from the tag or trunk.

For some reason I have not been able to use any SNAPSHOT versions from
the ASF snapshot repo.

As mentioned in previous e-mail, I'm happy to try using 0.11 from the
RC area if someone can explain how to tell Maven to use that as a repo
when looking for 0.12