creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compiler level - change ?!
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2014 18:03:00 GMT
Hi,

So we agree to stay on Java 5 for now. I've changed the config for the
Jenkins build job to reflect that. The build will fail until the commit for
RAT-136 is reverted. Can you fix that Phil?

I will add an animal sniffer execution to our pom files to make sure we
don't break this going forward.

--
Dennis Lundberg
Hi guys,

thanks for your opinions.

Am 02.08.2014 um 19:35 schrieb Dennis Lundberg:
> I would very much like to stay on Java 5 as a minimum. Most Maven plugins
> are still on Java 5 and will be for some time. The Maven project are about
> to start enforcing the Rat check on all its 100+ subprojects. That will
not
> be possible if Rat switches to require Java 6. As long as there are ASF
> projects on Java 5, Rat should also be on Java 5.

Let's stay with 1.5 for the moment and use a compiler higher than 5 for
continous integration in order to be fine.

@Sebb: thanks for mingling with Jenkins.

Cheers,
Phil