creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Rat 0.11
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2014 18:23:37 GMT
On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 3:51 PM, P. Ottlinger <pottlinger@aiki-it.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for your efforts!
>
> On 2014-08-08 14:31, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>>
>> Tag:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/creadur/rat/tags/apache-rat-project-0.11/
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/creadur/rat/tags/apache-rat-project-0.11/ant-task-examples.xml
> contains version 0.9-SNAPSHOT ?!

There are more references to different versions of Rat within the
documentation, like on the downloads page. I plan to try to inject the
version from the pom.xml into those, once the merge of the GSOC branch
is done.

> Since I don't use ant at all I'm not sure about the purpose of this file and
> its correctness.

Neither do I. From what I can tell it's an example file for how to use
Rat from Ant. In my opinion that should not be in the distribution,
but rather as a file that can be downloaded from the site. As such I
count it as documentation rather than code.

--
Dennis Lundberg