creadur-dev mailing list archives

From "P. Ottlinger" <pottlin...@aiki-it.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Rat 0.11 (take 2)
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 21:41:34 GMT
Hi *,

Am 16.08.2014 um 20:42 schrieb Dennis Lundberg:
> Guide for testing releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Everyone is encouraged to vote, express their opinions and jump in if
> they find anything wrong with the release. Only PMC votes are binding
> on Apache, and for this candidate to become an official Apache
> Software Foundation release 3 +1's are required and more +1's than
> -1's.
>
> This vote is open for at least 72 hours,

-1

I've tested 0.11 on a pet project that fails with an NPE during report
generation :-(

I've checked my patch locally and rat:rat and rat:check go through.
Can anyone else verify that report generation and check itself work fine
as well?

In 0.12 we should generate our own reports during build and site
generation to catch these kind of errors
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-170)

RAT-158
I'd propose to add the JDK-related compiler warnings to the release
notes as known but not related to RAT:
Warning:  org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser: Property
'http://www.oracle.com/xml/jaxp/properties/entityExpansionLimit' is not
recognized.
Compiler-Warnungen:
  WARNING:  'org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl: Property
'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD' is not
recognized.'
Warning:  org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: Feature
'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/feature/secure-processing' is not recognized.
Warning:  org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: Property
'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD' is not
recognized.
Warning:  org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: Property
'http://www.oracle.com/xml/jaxp/properties/entityExpansionLimit' is not
recognized.

Following
https://blogs.oracle.com/joew/entry/jdk_7u45_aws_issue_123
I don't really get why we are seeing that stuff with a current

@Dennis: thanks for your work, but we'll need another RC with the
patched mojo definition.

Cheers,
Phil