creadur-dev mailing list archives

From "P. Ottlinger" <pottlin...@aiki-it.de>
Subject Re: buildbot / CI
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2014 19:57:31 GMT
Hi Sebb,

thanks for your input.

Am 28.07.2014 um 11:59 schrieb sebb:
>> JENKINS SITE:SITE
>> Wouldn't it be useful to have a Jenkins job for site:site running daily
>> to check whether something goes wrong during site generation? One
>> shouldn't be flooded with warnings upon releasing RAT.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> A daily build seems excessive given the rate of changes to the source.

I see your point.

What about requesting a new job that performs a site:site and is
triggered by any SVN change?

Can I request such a job or do I need PMC approval?

>> BUILDBOT
>> Do we need the buildbot at all? Isn't Jenkins sufficient enough? Or are
>> there other downstream projects that rely on the buildbot infrastructure?
>
> It's useful to have multiple builds on different architectures.
> So if possible, let's fix the Buildbot build.

I see that point as well, but cannot read anything into the error output
of buildbot. In contrast to that I'm able to comprehend Jenkins ....

How do you understand the error message:
http://ci.apache.org/builders/rat_trunk/builds/3/steps/svn/logs/stdio

Did the timeout occur during svn update? During build start?

Who can help in case buildbot is just not able to perform a checkout
before triggering a build?

Thanks,
Phil