creadur-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Rat 0.10 Promoted [WAS Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Rat 0.10]
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 21:44:35 GMT
On 3 September 2013 20:24, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On 09/03/13 19:47, sebb wrote:
>>
>> On 3 September 2013 19:34, Robert Burrell Donkin
>> <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 08/20/13 22:33, sebb wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> Hopefully this should be done now
>>>
>>> If anyone has a few cycles, please give it a check...
>>

>> The website header says "Version: 0.11-SNAPSHOT"
>> I don't understand that if it was created from the 0.10 branch.
>> I've just checked and the pom version is 0.10 as expected.
>

> The commit messages into staging have 0.10
>
> There's a commit message from staging into production
>
> When I refresh, sometimes the production site says 0.10 and sometimes
> 0.11-SNAPSHOT, so perhaps the production site hasn't completely synchronized
> yet...
>

>>> Is there anything else that needs doing before issuing the
>>> announcement...?
>>

>> Regenerate the website so it agrees with the release?
>

> I'd like to give the production website a chance to sync before trying again
> :-/

Looks like the EU mirror is stale.

compare:

http://creadur.eu.apache.org/rat/
with
http://creadur.us.apache.org/rat/

I think we should delay the announcement until the EU mirror has caught up.

>> I checked a mirror and it had the files.
>>
>> However the "Browse download area" is pointing to the old area.
>

> The 0.10 should have this fixed
>

>> Also the jars don't seem to be present on Maven Central - did you
>> publish the Nexus staging area?
>

> IIRC, yes
>
> I've checked in staging, and the rat release is no longer there
>
> The release seems to be available from Apache
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/rat/apache-rat/0.10/
>
> and is listed by
>
> http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.rat/apache-rat-core/0.10
>
> Any particular jars that seem to be missing...?

Sorry, my bad.

0.10 sorts at the start and I expected to find it after 0.9 ...