creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Manuel Suárez Sánchez <ssm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC] Rat: Past, Present and Future
Date Sun, 08 Sep 2013 19:00:17 GMT
Hi Everyone.

Two months ago more less this topic was created at that time I was new in
the project and I didn´t know a lot of things about it but with the past of
time I was working in the project and I was learning more about it.

My objective is try to do this task:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-131 , I think that I made a lot
of changes, improvements and punish bad code in the project. My fork of the
project is here: https://github.com/elnuma/creadur-rat/tree/gsoc . This is
open source project I would like that community review it and I would like
to receive a FeedBack(I know that I´m new in this world so I can do good
and bad things for me the most important is learning about the mistakes).
Apache-Rat-Core:
                 Before:    After:
Coverage       75%      96%
[image: Imágenes integradas 1]
Changes of Refactor:

-Deleted not used Vars, Class, Method.
-Change bad used of Java.
-Improved performance.
-Add Test class, Test Methods
-Apply PMD Changes.
-Format Code.
-Add JavaDoc.

I have still Two weeks to work in the project in the Timeline of GSOC, In
this time I would like to improve the project for this reason I would like
to work in one task( I need that all the community together try to find the
weakness point of the project), all this time I was working alone because I
thought that I don´t have time to finish it but I understand that it is
open source  and we need to work together. The community was made growing
up this project and it´s the great of Open Source Project.

Manuel.