creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Apache Rat 0.10 Promoted [WAS Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Rat 0.10]
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 19:24:48 GMT
On 09/03/13 19:47, sebb wrote:
> On 3 September 2013 19:34, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 08/20/13 22:33, sebb wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> I think the only thing that could be improved is to generate the
>>> website from the 0.10 tag.
>>

>> Hopefully this should be done now
>>
>> If anyone has a few cycles, please give it a check...
>
> The website header says "Version: 0.11-SNAPSHOT"
> I don't understand that if it was created from the 0.10 branch.
> I've just checked and the pom version is 0.10 as expected.

The commit messages into staging have 0.10

There's a commit message from staging into production

When I refresh, sometimes the production site says 0.10 and sometimes
0.11-SNAPSHOT, so perhaps the production site hasn't completely
synchronized yet...

>> Is there anything else that needs doing before issuing the announcement...?
>
> Regenerate the website so it agrees with the release?

I'd like to give the production website a chance to sync before trying
again :-/

> I checked a mirror and it had the files.
>
> However the "Browse download area" is pointing to the old area.

The 0.10 should have this fixed

> Also the jars don't seem to be present on Maven Central - did you
> publish the Nexus staging area?

IIRC, yes

I've checked in staging, and the rat release is no longer there

The release seems to be available from Apache

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/rat/apache-rat/0.10/

and is listed by

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.rat/apache-rat-core/0.10

Any particular jars that seem to be missing...?

Robert