creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject RAT buildbot troubleshooting (ant task)
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 22:05:37 GMT
Hello RAT-people,

The RAT buildbot that Infra set up for Apache Lucy has a problem -- it's not
ignoring the contents of the .git repository directory.

    http://ci.apache.org/projects/lucy/rat-output.html

I sent email to builds@apache.org a week ago and I opened an INFRA Jira ticket
yesterday.  (This isn't a new problem, FWIW -- it's been broken for
months but I'm just getting around to dealing with it now.)

It would be great if we could spare Infra from having to perform
time-consuming troubleshooting.  Do any obvious solutions present themselves
to our resident RAT experts when they see that output?  Upgrade RAT on the
buildslave?  Put something in our `rat-excludes` file other than `.git/*`
(which didn't seem to help)?

Unfortunately, I have not been able to duplicate the problem when running the
`ant` task used by the buildbot locally on my laptop.

What I find particularly confusing is that Libcloud also uses Git but does not
seem to have the same problem with its RAT buildbot.

(See INFRA issue for links and details.)

Marvin Humphrey