creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject [RAT] Pipelines...
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 14:11:09 GMT
Essentially, Rat is simple.

A source (perhaps a file system or a compressed archive) is walked,
producing documents. Each document (perhaps a file in a file system, or
a resources in an archive) flows through a pipeline - a series of
processing steps, enriching with various meta-data. An end point
collates the data.

It seems to me that the current code fails to express this

At the moment, IDocumentAnalyser[1] is implemented by most steps in the
pipeline (and other stuff too), wired together in a potentially flexible
fashion. This now seems over-engineered to me.

I think a concrete Pipeline would be more obvious, with controlled
extension points at each step of the processing.

Opinions...?
Objections...?

Robert
[1]