creadur-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Host Release Docs...?
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2013 00:11:07 GMT
On 6 July 2013 20:35, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> It should be easy enough to upload the release documentation generated by
> Maven to the CMS. In the past, I've occasionally found it useful to be able
> to read the documentation for a particular release (of a product) available.
> So, I've been wondering about generate a site based on the release version
> and then uploading it.
>
> Opinions...?

I like the idea of the site agreeing with the current release.
If the website is only created from trunk, it may advertise featiures
that are not actually available except from snapshots.

So I favour generating the initial site from the same tag as the release.
If documentation fixes are needed later, the tag could be copied to a
branch, and that can be used to make changes.

This does potentially mean having to merge fixes back into trunk.

Or one can have a site with both trunk and GA documentation.
This is what httpcomponents does.