creadur-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RAT: dependency N&L files
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 19:35:24 GMT
On 8 July 2013 20:02, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On 07/08/13 19:51, sebb wrote:
>>
>> The apache-rat module which creates the distributions contains Notice
>> and License files for all the Commons dependencies.
>>
>> I think these are now unnecessary, as they are the same as for RAT itself.
>

> Quite possibly...
>

>> Commons Compress 1.5 no longer has any 3rd party notices in the NOTICE
>> file
>

> :-)
>
> If the binary distribution just contains one shaded artefact then the
> composite notice should be enough, I think

I don't think it uses Shade - the combined jar just has the
dependencies bundled in.
As it's intended for standalone use I don't think that's an issue.

And I think we can drop the xz jar dependency because it's not
currently used by RAT as far as I can tell.

So the N&L can be the same for source and binary releases.