creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: RAT: can we release 0.10?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:28:11 GMT
On 07/22/13 12:35, sebb wrote:
> On 22 July 2013 06:15, P. Ottlinger <pottlinger@aiki-it.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 21.07.2013 21:44, schrieb sebb:
>>> I think we need to release 0.10 sooner rather than later.
>>
>> Did we release 0.9 properly?
>
> Dunno; probably too late now anyway.

Depends on what you mean by properly :-/

Officially, yes (the vote passed and the signed artefact was uploaded)

In terms of doing everything I usually do, then no

>> I didn't get any public announcement mail or something similar or is
>> that only done by bigger projects? But have graduated from Incubator
>> already ....

There was a long delay in getting the pub-sub mirrored distribution set
up. I think we were unlucky in that we were one of the first to try to
use this new system. Then I had a bad month or two health- and
work-wise, with almost no typing time beyond my job.

When we discussed pushing onwards and issues a public announcement and
so on, it seemed better to focus on getting an early 0.10 out...

>> What would be the 'big' differences between 0.9 and 0.10? Only the
>> performance problem while scanning licences and RAT-145?
>
> See https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/creadur/rat/trunk/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

The main change is RAT-138 - Rat 0.9 could run much slower than 0.8 on
some input.

Robert