creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [GSOC] Rat: Past, Present and Future
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 19:30:11 GMT
On 07/08/13 21:41, sebb wrote:
> On 8 July 2013 20:46, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

<snip>

>> 2. analyse this model against policies, building a strongly-typed, immutable
>> report model
>
> Won't that require lots of memory?

Not sure about lots (the state required should be relatively small) but
yes, more

> At present the source can be forgotten as soon as a match occurs.

Perhaps

An architecture where each document flowed through the system is likely
to be more efficient and easier to parallelism.

However, I think that the current streaming design isn't particularly
intuitive or obvious. I would be happy to retain an improved streaming
design.

Robert