creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Duplicate jars in binary archive
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 19:49:05 GMT
On 07/08/13 20:38, sebb wrote:
> On 8 July 2013 20:28, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 07/08/13 19:56, sebb wrote:
>>>
>>> On 7 July 2013 11:02, Robert Burrell Donkin
>>> <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>> <snip>

>>> What does it do?
>>

>> It's a little bit like tentacles: it runs through a directory structure
>> containing several releases and runs Rat against each. I doubt many people
>> (other than me) ever used it...
>
> Could surely use Ant to do the same?

I found it useful when bulk evaluating Incubator releases but yes, I
could have used an Ant script to do that

(I once wrote a command line user interface in Ant, but the less said
about that the better ;-)

> But if there was call for a standalone utility, it might be better to
> code it in Java to avoid having to install Python as well.

It was originally a script I coded in Python

Tentacles does something similar, and is coded in Java

Robert