creadur-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting Up Release Directory...?
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:12:21 GMT
On 19 June 2013 12:54, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 June 2013 08:05, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:
>> David Crossley wrote:

>>> I reviewed things a few days ago and i cannot see any problem.
>>> Looking at other unresolved issues in that SvnPubSub Component
>>> there does seem to be a general holdup.
>>>
>>> It is strange because you replied to the Assignee Gavin
>>> immediately in early May.
>>
>> That has now been finished.
>>
>> Would someone else please adjust the Creadur Rat download page
>> to point to the 0.9 release. (I do not do Maven.)
>
> I was about to update the download.xml page when I noticed that the
> dist area [1] does not use binaries/ and source/ directories.
> Is that intentional, or should I fix that first?

Also, in other TLPs with sub-components, the files are put in a fixed
directory structure - i.e. the version does not appear in a directory
name.

For example commons lang:

http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/lang/
http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/lang/binaries
http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/lang/source

The advantage is that all the current versions are together, and it's
obvious which is source and which binary.
The disadvantage is that it is a bit harder to see which versions are
available, and removing stale versions is a bit harder.

On reflection, I rather like the current creadur structure !