creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Erik-Lân Do Dinh <eriklan.dod...@gmail.com>
Subject RAT maven plugin: exclude not working
Date Sat, 04 May 2013 15:10:28 GMT
Hello devs,

since I didn’t find a user mailing list, I’m trying this one – apologies if
this is the wrong place.

I have problems excluding files from the license header check. As an example
I set up a new maven project. The only files included are the pom and
file_which_should_be_excluded.txt file with dummy content.
The pom looks like this:
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>org.example</groupId>
    <artifactId>rat-test</artifactId>
    <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.rat</groupId>
                <artifactId>apache-rat-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>0.10-SNAPSHOT</version>
                <configuration>
                    <excludes>
                        <exclude>file_which_should_be_excluded.txt</exclude>
                        <exclude>*.txt</exclude>
                        <exclude>pom.xml</exclude>
                    </excludes>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>
</project>

To my understanding, there are no files left to check, but mvn rat:check
fails with:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-3:check (default-cli) on
project rat-test: Too many unapproved licenses: 0 -> [Help 1]

The whole rat.txt is at http://pastebin.com/Gy44dGgC, I think the relevant
part is:
Summary
-------
Notes: 0
Binaries: 0
Archives: 0
Standards: 2

Apache Licensed: 0
Generated Documents: 0

JavaDocs are generated and so license header is optional
Generated files do not required license headers

2 Unknown Licenses

Why is it 2 Unknown Licenses? Shouldn't that be 0 because I specifically
excluded the 2 files? Or did I understand something wrong about the
exclusion?

Cheers,
Erik-Lân Do Dinh