creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Hartmann <mailbox....@gmail.com>
Subject PatternSyntaxException when trying rat -E
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 19:42:50 GMT
Hello

I'm contributing to Apache Allura incubating project, where my efforts
are mostly focused on getting a release out. I've attempted a RAT
testing, but it gives me an error when I try to use -E option:

~ $: java -jar ../apache-rat-0.8/apache-rat-0.8.jar -E ./.rat-ignore -d ./
Exception in thread "main" java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException:
Dangling meta character '*' near index 0
**/setup.cfg
^
         at java.util.regex.Pattern.error(Pattern.java:1924)
         at java.util.regex.Pattern.sequence(Pattern.java:2090)
         at java.util.regex.Pattern.expr(Pattern.java:1964)
         at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Pattern.java:1665)
         at java.util.regex.Pattern.<init>(Pattern.java:1337)
         at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Pattern.java:1022)
         at
org.apache.commons.io.filefilter.RegexFileFilter.<init>(RegexFileFilter.java:62)
         at org.apache.rat.Report.main(Report.java:109)

.rat-ignore file's content is:

.rat-ignore
**/setup.cfg
**/*.json
Makefile.def.buildbot
requirements*
**/MANIFEST.in
Allura/allura/controllers/controller.template
Allura/allura/etc/mime.types
Allura/allura/tests/data/genshi_hello_tmpl
Allura/allura/tests/data/test_mime/text_file.txt
ForgeGit/forgegit/data/post-receive_tmpl
ForgeGit/forgegit/tests/data/
ForgeSVN/forgesvn/tests/data/

Do I miss something? I've modelled the file after examples given at
http://ci.apache.org/projects/rat-master-summary.html