creadur-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade to latest Apache Parent pom...?
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 18:46:20 GMT
On 11 March 2013 11:51, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Rat currently inherits from an older version (9) of the Apache parent
> pom[1]. This inheritance supplies lots of suitable defaults. Unless anyone
> thinks this might be a poor plan, probably a good idea to upgrade to the
> latest version[2] before cutting the release.
>
> Opinions?

The current version fixes the following:

[MPOM-32] Apache POM 10 forces all child projects to generate the
project info reports

This was why Commons stuck to using version 9 until recently; perhaps
RAT did too.

Commons has now updated to the current version, and I've not seen
reports of any problems.

So I say go for it.