creadur-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nexus Access Requested for Apache Rat
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 18:48:53 GMT
On 19 March 2013 08:18, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On 03/17/13 13:32, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>>
>> I've opened a ticket[1] requesting the access we need to Nexus to
>> release Rat.
>

> Nexus is now set up
>
> Thanks Brian :-)
>
> Publishing a trial snapshot[2] sounds like a good next step
>
> Opinions? Objections? Improvements?
>
> (I hope to give this a go later today)

Go for it.

Snapshots have no guarantees and can be deleted if there are issues -
or just deleted anyway.

Note that snapshots are not staged by Nexus, they are published immediately.
A snapshot is something with -SNAPSHOT as the version suffix.

Releases don't have the -SNAPSHOT suffix.
Nexus stages them so they need to be closed and released before they
are publicly visible, so it's relatively safe to deploy them.