creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Issue with orgapachecreadur-019 [WAS Re: Staging Apache Rat 0.9]
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 12:18:44 GMT
On 03/24/13 18:21, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On 03/24/13 09:26, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>> On 03/23/13 11:39, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>>> Unless anyone jumps in sometime soon with an issue with the latest[1]
>>> snapshot[2], following the guidelines[3] I hope to cut a 0.9 and upload
>>> it to the staging repository.
>>
>> Hopefully we have lazy consensus on this. I hope to cut this later today.
>
> After a little bit of a battle, I've pushed to staging[1]. Before I move
> on to a VOTE, I hope to take a look using tentacles

Unfortunately, I didn't check that the build for the apache-rat runnable
uber-jar uses the maven-shade plugin :-( This means that the jar is
missing NOTICE files for the Apache Licensed dependencies included
within the jar. Apologies.

All the dependences involved are Apache Software Foundation releases.
Unless anyone spots something, I can't see this mistake posing a legal
risk to downstream users.

So, unless anyone jumps in, I'll just go ahead to fix the issue in
trunk, delete the staging repository and then think about cut another
candidate.

I'm less sure about the best approach to numbering this new candidate.
(In the past, I've cut release candidates first. Even with a staging
repository this would have been sensible.) I lean towards 0.9.1,
eliminating any risk that two signed 0.9 could escape into the wild.

Opinions? Objections? Suggestions?

Robert