creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [tentacles] Running Tentacles
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:58:59 GMT
On 03/25/13 11:38, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> I'm hoping to use tentacles to help review the Rat release but I'm
> having some problems running the jar. Unless anyone jumps in, I'll
> probably just jump in and fix them.

Turns out that the jar that has the main class is one the
'with-dependencies'. I'll correct the documentation in due course, but I
was wondering:

* whether this is the best name (would apache-tentacles-app.jar,
apache-tentacles-run.jar be more expressive? not sure...)
* whether it would be worthwhile to switching now to a more powerful
plugin (shade[1] rather than assembly)

Opinions? Objections? Suggestions?

Robert
[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/