creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Maven SCM Publish Plugin WAS Re: Release Rat ...? [WAS Re: [DISCUSS] Minimum version of Maven to use the Rat plugin]]
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 19:04:31 GMT
On 11/15/12 22:03, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> 2012/11/15 Robert Burrell Donkin<robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>:

>> <snip>

>>> I use it for Apache projects (Archiva, Directmemory, helix incubator)
>>> and works fine.
>>

>> I've given it a spin, and it seems to work okay. Takes a while, but then so
>> does CMS upload. There seem to be a lot of commit messages.
>>
>> Is this a known limitation, or am I doing something wrong...?
> no and no :-)

:-)

> javadoc files can be timestamped so recommitted again with site build
> even if no real content change.
> maven generated files too but only at day level whereas javadoc seconds level.

So... would setting notimestamp on the javadoc plugin be a good idea...?

Even if some tuning is still needed, the plugin seems an improvement to
the process described in the current documentation[2]. Any objections to
me switching the build and updating the document?

Robert
[1]
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/javadoc-mojo.html#notimestamp
[2] http://creadur.apache.org/rat/site-publish.html