creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject [WAS Re: Release Rat ...?]
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 20:28:17 GMT
On 11/04/12 16:52, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> On 2012-11-04 16:14, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

<snip>

>> On 09/23/12 21:29, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>> Does it make sense to start working towards a new release...?
>
> Yes, I think so. I have these things left on my todo list:
>
> A. Rewrite site for core module, which is now in JIRA as RAT-123
> B. Add xml schema to assembly descriptors and site descriptors, so that
> they can be validated
> C. Rewrite src/site/apt/site-publish.apt, given that we're not in the
> incubator any more
>
> - Robert has assigned A to himself.

I've regenerated the Rat subsite with the beginnings of some content for
core[1]. Feedback welcomed :-)

One of the problems posed by improving the documentation is that Rat
core really needs a good refactor into a much simpler and conventional
design. This would probably mean adding more integration tests before
starting.

There a balance that needs to be struck between better documentation
about the current mess, and moving towards a more reasonable design.

Opinions? Suggestions?

Robert
[1] http://creadur.apache.org/rat/apache-rat-core/index.html