creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Include Source URLs in Generated LICENSE...?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 20:35:29 GMT
On 11/01/12 14:02, sebb wrote:
> On 1 November 2012 13:16, Chip Childers<chip.childers@sungard.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:52 AM, sebb<sebbaz@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> On 1 November 2012 00:34, Chip Childers<chip.childers@sungard.com>  wrote:

<snip>

> [...]

This is right - the source attribute provides a reference to a location
where the dependency can be downloaded.

<snip>

>> The documentation [1] is a little confusing,

Agreed - I've created an issue[2]

>> but as I read it (and the
>> CDDL clause that I believe is being mentioned), I think it's
>> specifically designed to provide a method of linking to the source
>> code.  This isn't important when we are distributing the source
>> itself, but does matter when we are trying to create the legal
>> documents that cover a binary distribution.
>>
>> Given the interpretation above, the reasoning for having the source
>> link in the LICENSE file was specifically for scenarios where there
>> isn't a NOTICE requirement for a particular resource, but we are
>> required to provide a link to the source code.
>
> OK, in that case I have no objections.

Good :-)

I've been wondering about the right approach to configuration

IMHO the meta-data should be kept separately from configuration-data

For Maven, the plugin configuration would be a natural it. On the
command line, I lean towards more arguments.

Opinions...?

Robert

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHISKER-9