creadur-dev mailing list archives

From "P. Ottlinger" <pottlin...@aiki-it.de>
Subject Re: Code Style [WAS Re: Various dev questions :-)]
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 11:22:23 GMT
Hi *,

Am 01.10.2012 13:18, schrieb sebb:

>> > but some time ago I suggested an automatic solution that gets applied
>> > before every checkin - thus each developer may work with his/her code
>> > styles and the SVN repo contains one consistent view on the sources:
>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-103
> This will change the user's workspace, so they only get to work with
> their style once.
> It will also tend to cause issues with IDEs which will have to resync.

There is no change in any user's workspace - one configuration is
checked in. This is used to perform the formatting during any mvn run.
It's independent of the user's setting (or the user's IDE).

The "big" formatting takes place once - after that only each changed
file gets reformatted ... thus it's not a big deal.

We do use this tool on a rather big codebase without any hazzle - only
the initial cleanup/formatting may take some time.

Cheers
Phil