creadur-dev mailing list archives

From "P. Ottlinger" <pottlin...@aiki-it.de>
Subject Re: Code Style [WAS Re: Various dev questions :-)]
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2012 17:58:30 GMT
Hi everyone,

I don't want to start any holy war as well ....

Am 30.09.2012 16:20, schrieb sebb:
> IMO changing code to suit some arbitrary checkstyle rules is a waste
> of time (and wasted effort reviewing changes).

but some time ago I suggested an automatic solution that gets applied
before every checkin - thus each developer may work with his/her code
styles and the SVN repo contains one consistent view on the sources:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-103

This only applies to *.java and is performed during each run of 'mvn
install' - so no active waste of developer time!

To my mind good code should be easy and good to read ...
I'm not convinced of: "If it was hard to write, it should be hard to
understand" :-D

Cheers,
Phil